Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My First Crew Cut

 I had a hat on but you get the idea.
 
I just had the single most empowering hair cut of my life.  My beloved hair stylist, Gina, and her co-workers turned what could have been a traumatic experience for any woman into a celebration. I am so grateful for them!  Lou and I eagerly watched as Gina cut down my mess of a doo and buzzed away the fray into a neat haircut any Army NCO would be proud of.  To quote a beaming Lou, my 20 year part-time Soldier and combat veteran husband, "Congratulations on your first regulation haircut".  I never enlisted but thanks honey.  I fully expect bald spots and total scalp at some point but for now, I'm digging the shortest cut of my life.  Matthew 6:34 - Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I showed Gina my wig and honestly, I preferred the crew cut and one of my new hats.  As soon as I get the hang of styling the wig, I'll post a pic but I thought I looked like someone's Great Aunt Millie with it on.  We all knew a Millie. The Aunt who loved her house coats, got her hair done once a week and wrapped it in toilet paper every night.  She went to 7am Mass every morning and always had a meatball at the ready.  The world needs more Great Aunt Millie's.

Speaking of Aunts, I suddenly missed my Aunt Patty and Aunt Diane.  They were called home to heaven several years ago and they both rocked a short cut.  Beautiful and loving women, their personalities were larger than life; there was never a dull moment or a missed opportunity to be loved or laugh when they were around.  The world needs more Aunt Patty's and Aunt Diane's.  I think they would have approved of the cut.

9 comments:

  1. Liz Decker12/19/2012

    Short pixie cut! Not bad girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert Lant12/19/2012

    I told you you could pull it off... Looking good sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks my brother! It's too bad you weren't home earlier - Danielle saved me some soup. You missed the in-car wig show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as always...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great. Wear it like a rockstar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy_ Lou I always knew your beauty was beyond compare. rock it sweet stuff you glow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you and thank you!! <3

    ReplyDelete