Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Vanity, oh Vanity!

Since last Wednesday my head has been shedding everywhere I go.  Fortunately I started out with 90 lbs of crazy, curly hair.  In one short week its become more of a cleaning nuisance than anything else.  With each wash or stroke of a brush, I toss clumps of hair the size of a small rodent into the trash. Fortunately having two cats, we have tons of tape lint rollers all over the house but I'm getting tired of rolling my own hair off of my shoulders. I have a hair appointment today to cut it all off. 

My lady Sicilian mustache however appears to be in tact.  God, your sense of humor never ceases to amaze me.  Eyebrows are holding on for now!

The swelling in my upper body is sloooooowly coming down, but it appears we're moving in the right direction.  I'll take every tiny improvement I can get my fat little hands on.  The extra weight causes me to walk a cross between the Stay Puft Marshmallow man and Godzilla, but if you saw me in the hospital a few weeks ago when I had my infection, I could barely feed myself. It's an improvement. I have to take each step slowly and with purpose.  For a woman who has always been on the go, go, go, it's been a massive adjustment and I have no choice but to roll with it.  I've accepted my new job while out on disability, and I do it very well - I'm the official couch recliner lounger and living room snail walking champ of the Lynch house.

I thank you for your prayers and ask, as God puts me on your heart, to continue to intercede and ask God for a complete healing, should that be His Will.  If you're going through something and would like me to pray for you, please let me know.  It would be my pleasure!  And please - don't compare your concerns to someone else's.  It's all relative and we're all faced with different levels of suffering in the course of our lives.  No prayer request is too big or small for a mighty God - He cares about them all.

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment