Monday, November 12, 2012

Some Very Random Notes - Just 'Cause



1)  I'm a Jesus freak.  I won't smack you in the mouth with a Bible, but be prepared for some references to my Savior in this blog.

2)  I'm completely imperfect.  I've made mistakes, I've sinned, I've wronged, I've been wronged. I forgive and ask for forgiveness.

3)  Members of my family and I have Lynch Syndrome: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/lynch-syndrome/DS00669

4)  I was diagnosed with Stage II, Grade II Endometrial Cancer and had a total hysterectomy in May, 2012; finished radiation therapy in August, 2012 and found a recurrence by the grace of God in October, 2012.  Whatever the outcome, God is in control.

5)  I've been married 12 years to an incredible man.  A good marriage doesn't come out of a box - it takes hard work and dedication, communication, forgiveness and unconditional love.

6)  We don't have kids.  We have cats.  God has given us the grace to be content with where we are.

7) I don't believe it's God's will for everyone to marry, have kids, buy a house and die in a nursing home.  God's will is an amazing, life transforming adventure. 

8)  There's no judgment here. 

9)  I love cake.  Frosting's my favorite.

10) I believe as patients we need to be in charge of our treatment, question everything and seek second and third opinions. 

11)  You didn't give me cancer and there's no need to be "sorry".  If you want to encourage me, talk to me like we're huddled on a football field, preparing for a play.

No comments:

Post a Comment